Thursday, July 26, 2012

Top Ten

This time next week, I will be arriving in New York City!

I’ve been reading tons of blogs and tips about “how to prepare for BlogHer12.” One of the bloggers suggested writing a pre-post before the trip.

So because I leave in a week, and because it’s all I can think about, I thought I would share my top ten thoughts and expectations for BlogHer12.

1 I’m having a little bit of anxiety over the fact that there will be hundreds of sophisticated bloggers who know way more about the blog world than I do.

2 I’ve been hearing words like “media kits” and “blog pitch” and “national brands.” I know what a media kit is, but bless my heart, I don’t have one for my itty bitty blog. (However, I did get business cards. I’m not that out of touch).

3 I’m rooming with a stranger. I’m SHARING A BED with a stranger. A couple of months ago when I booked the room, all of the double beds were taken. At first, I was a little freaked out by this but after following her on Instagram, she seems pretty normal. Actually, it’s comforting to know that I’m not alone. Check out her blog here.

4 My stalking of the Pioneer Woman just hit a new low. I may or may not have spent an entire evening reading her posts about her trips to New York. I went to her blog and typed “New York” in the search engine. And you know what? I’m so glad I did because she had several tips on things to do and see.

5 I’m beyond excited about exploring NYC. This will be my third visit so I’ve already done all of the touristy stuff. I really want to go to SoHo. Oh yeah, and I will see a Broadway show…even if I have to go alone.

6 The food. Sweet mother of Jesus, I cannot wait to eat the food. Pizza? Yes please!

7 Shopping. There will be lots and lots of shopping.

8 Networking! I can't wait to meet new people.

9 What to wear?? I have no idea. Professional attire? Jeans? Shorts? Heels? (The real question: gorgeous shoes that elongate my legs but will kill my feet or comfortable shoes that will make me look short and stubby?) What to do. What to do.

10 I’m most looking forward to expanding my blogging skills. This time last year, I had no idea what this little hobby would turn into. Someday I want to blog professionally. I hope this conference provides me with the knowledge I need to make that dream come true (or at least get the ball rolling).

8 comments:

  1. Loving this, friend. Can't wait to see you next week! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay... can you fill a newbie blogger in? What is BlogHer12? I've heard about it but really have no clue what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a huge blogging conference in NYC! I will blog all about it no worries!

      Delete
    2. Okay good! I want to know all the details!!

      Have a great time! :)

      Delete
  3. I hope you have the greatest time and learn tons of stuff to help you with your blog! And I'm on team comfy shoes, I'm sure you have a great pair of comfy shoes that look awesome one you! If you're comfortable you can better enjoy yourself! Have a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about the shoes! haha Thanks girl!

      Delete
  4. We are going to have SOO much fun!! Whoo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete