Monday, July 9, 2012

Royal Wedding Durant (oh and busting my ….)

The statement “back to reality” never seemed as true as it does today.

I went to Durant for my sorority sister’s wedding. It was like stepping back in time. All of my friends from college were there. We partied like it was freshman year.

My best friend, Autumn, was my date for the night. Before the wedding, we spent some time by the pool.



But it was cloudy.



And thundering.



Then it started to rain.

So we ended up spending the day in our PJ’s, cuddled up in hour hotel room (with a glass of wine) reading our books.

It was bliss. I told Autumn that I would be perfectly content spending the entire night reading.

But of course, we pulled ourselves out of bed and got dressed.

Remember when I was on the hunt for the perfect shoe? Well, this is what I ended up wearing:


The wedding started at 8:00 p.m. The bride arrived on a horse drawn carriage. She looked stunning. It was so perfect.

After they said “I do,” they got back on the carriage and opened a bottle of champagne, kissed, and road off into the sunset. I was a blubbering mess.



Speaking of sunset, it was breathtaking.



The wedding was beautiful.




We all danced the night away. My muscles still haven’t recovered.



At the end of the night, the wedding party jumped into the pool! I’m sure it was a great photo. However, one of the boys (Kevin, I’m talking about you) chased me around the yard in an attempt to throw me into the pool. He failed. It’s probably because I threatened his life.

Did I mention my heels are the tallest heels I have EVER worn?

Tall heels and uneven ground is a terrible combination. I looked like a horse learning to walk for most of the night. Tripping over rocks and other obstacles.

So after the wedding party got out of the pool they returned to the dance floor.

That’s when it happened.

As I mentioned earlier, I spent most of the night dancing. (The “liquid courage” made me feel like Beyoncé, it was ugly y’all, I cringe at the thought of what I must have looked like). I’m sure you can guess what happened.

My sky high heels (with little traction) hit a slick spot on the wet dance floor. My legs shot out from under me, I felt like I was sliding into home plate. By the time I realized what had happened, I was sprawled out in the middle of the dance floor, dress soaking wet, bits of grass stuck to my bare legs.

People were staring at me.

I started to cry.

No I didn’t.

I just felt like it.

Autumn rushed over and helped me up, bless her heart.



So instead of remembering a fabulous night with old friends, all I can think about is busting it in front of everyone.

I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

Anyway, other than completely embarrassing myself, I had the time of my life!

Shout out to all my Sigmas and Lambda Chi guys! Y’all are the best!

8 comments:

  1. Okay first those shoes are adorable! Second, that stinks that you fell! Totally something I would do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I know...My ego is still a little bruised...

      Delete
  2. At least you looked super HOT while you fell! Seriously...hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is such a beautiful sunset during their wedding! And it totally rained on me at the pool last week too so I know where you're coming from! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better! I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks Bonnie! :-) I'm so glad you found me!

      Delete
  4. I wish I could say I remembered you falling...but maybe the wedding pictures will jog my mind. "Liquid Courage," as you put it, turned into "Liquid Time Eraser" for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats not good Seth...Although, I'm glad you don't remember lol

      Delete