Monday, July 16, 2012

House that built me.

This weekend I went to my parents (Tulsa, Okla.) to celebrate my little brother’s 21st Birthday.

Isn't he a cutie?

First drink!

Also, I went to Affair of the Heart (all you Oklahoma crafters and Mommas need to catch this event next time it’s in town). Cute cloths, crafts, food, and home décor…it’s like a live Etsy shop!

Tulsa always feels like home. It’s hard to believe I haven’t lived there in 6 years. I never really appreciated the town until after I moved away.


Tulsa Driller!

Sunday evening, on my way out of town, I drove around Jenks (suburb of Tulsa). I visited my old high school. I barely recognized it! The school has doubled in size, they have remodeled everything. The town itself has changed as well. I can’t believe we have a tattoo parlor on Main Street!

Woodland Hills Mall Carousel.
This used to be my favorite thing about the mall.

My last stop out of town was my old neighborhood. I drove by my childhood home. It was kind of sad. Not much has changed, other than the aging homes. It brought back so many memories. I thought of old friendships that have deteriorated with time. I thought of all the trick or treating and Christmas mornings. I thought of the first day of school pictures we took in the drive way. I thought of the time I spilt orange nail polish on the new carpet. I thought of snow days and summers spent in the neighbor's pool. It was such a great place to grow up.

*tear*

I put this picture on Instagram. One of my childhood friends posted the lyrics to Miranda Lambert's song:

"I thought if I could touch this place or feel it
This brokenness inside me might start healing
Out here it's like I'm someone else
I thought that maybe I could find myself
If I could just come in, I swear I'll leave
Won't take nothing but a memory
From the house that built me."

Such a beautiful song.

Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment