Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken

Okay, before I share this recipe with you let me just say:

-First, I'm not a great cook. I know how to follow directions and I know the basics, but I am by no means an expert.

-Second, I live alone so of course, I hardly ever cook huge extravagant meals (and by “hardly ever” I mean that I have never made a huge extravagant meal).

So with that being said, I like recipes that are quick and easy.

My Mom sent me this recipe a few months ago and it has changed my life!

Obviously, this isn’t a food blog. I promise I will leave the cooking tips to the experts. I just really wanted to share this dish with you in the hopes that it will change your life too!


Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken





The ingredients:
-4 boneless chicken breasts
-1 lime
-1 jar salsa
-1/3 cup fresh cilantro
-1 packet taco seasoning

*note* I cook for one so I cut this recipe in half (only use 2 chicken breasts)...and I still have a ton of leftovers.

Easy-peasy directions:
-Place all ingredients in crockpot.
-Cook on high for 4 hours or low 8 hours.
-Chicken will be tender enough to shred with two forks!

The flavor is unreal y’all!

Last night I made burritos but this chicken is great on salad, nachos, tacos…or just straight out of the crockpot.

Let me know if you try it!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing, thanks! I love crockpot recipes :)

    ReplyDelete