Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Brittney Bear

Yesterday was one of those days… one of those days where everything went wrong. I felt like the world was against me.

It all started when I had my car detailed. It looked beautiful. The guy did a fabulous job, I had it waxed and everything. An hour later, it rained cats and dogs. So typical.


Beautiful! No more bugs!
An hour later...rain.

After work I went to Wal-Mart (big mistake for someone in a foul mood). On the way home, I listened to the groceries roll around in the back of the car because I forgot to use my sturdy reusable bags. Of course, they all fell out when I opened the door.

When I arrived at my apartment, my neighbor’s SUV was blocking the sidewalk in front of the stairs. I had to go through the landscaping to carry my groceries inside.


Seriously.

On my way inside, I noticed several cigarette buds in front of my doorstep. I guess my lazy neighbor thought I would enjoy picking them up.

Later in the evening, I had a skype date with all my girls going to NYC. Guess who couldn’t figure out how to use the webcam and had to listen in because she is technologically incompetent?

I spent the entire day feeling down in the dumps. (I was a bear y’all). But once I began chatting with all my lovely blogger friends, I forgot all about my irritable mood.

It’s amazing how much we (humans) influence each other. All it took was ten minutes of talking to my friends (who never knew the extent of my bad mood) to change my attitude. By the time I got off the phone, I was giddy about our trip; my attitude went from dreadful to cheerful!

Looking back at all the “annoyances” listed above, how silly was I to let such small things bring me down! I really need to remember to practice patience and count my blessings.

You should be proud, I picked up all the cigarette buds and I threw away the hateful note I wrote to my neighbor about his parking skills.

Thanks Allison, Melissa, and Rushelle for cheering me up yesterday!

Today has been much better!


No comments:

Post a Comment