Thursday, July 12, 2012

Book Review: Divergent

I’ve spent a lot of time reading over the past couple of weeks (more than usual).  I just finished the first two books into the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth (who by the way is only TWENTY TWO...can you imagine? Twenty-two, in college, and writing a trilogy? Did I mention Summit Entertainment bought the film rights! What an accomplishment for her!).

Back to the book....

Today I want to tell you about the first book, Divergent. I loved this book y’all! It did have a few similarities to the Hunger Games but who cares because those books were awesome as well.


Source: Amazon

A brief plot description:

Society is divided into five factions, each consisting of a particular virtue—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On choosing day, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to spend the rest of their lives. The main character, Beatrice, has to decide between staying with her family and leaving them behind to be who she really is. If she chooses to leave her family, she will cut ties with them forever. After she makes her choice, Beatrice competes in a highly competitive initiation where she encounters a little romance and a lot of danger. Also, she has a secret that could ruin it all, even cost her her life.


Of course, I came up with my “imaginary” cast list:

Beatrice Prior- Britt Robertson



Four: Liam Hemsworth


 
Peter: Thomas Andrew
(Draco Malfoy, I can’t help it. They’re practically the same character)



Eric: Jackson Rathbone
(I don’t know what it is about him, but I think he could play someone evil)




I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait for the third!

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea this was going to be made into a movie! This has been on my "next to read" list for awhile now, I should get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you need to get on it! It is really really good! I couldn't put it down!

      Delete
  2. I am reading this book I just heard of it (I feel so behind ahh). I have read the first three chapters and I am hooked ! I didn't even finish the second chapter when I ordered the second book. Would you like to follow each other ?

    Love your blog
    Maria

    bloomcoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete