Monday, June 11, 2012

Music


It’s been on my mind lately.

(Probably because I am in the process of compiling the perfect playlist for the 5K this weekend).

However there are times when I catch myself driving in complete silence, just lost in thought. I love those days. It seems like I can really focus and think about the “bigger picture” when I’m alone in a car with nothing but my mind to keep me company.

But lately, I’ve been on a music kick. It’s been so instrumental in my jogging. I don’t think I could jog in silence. I listen to the same group of songs on repeat. Some of them are fast pace (like my Selena Gomez), some of them are sassy (like the Pistol Annies), and some of them are slow and relaxing (like Miranda’s “House That Built Me”).

Have you ever thought about how much we are influenced by music? For some of us, music defines who we are, our personal style. If you’re like me, you like a wide variety of music (pop, country, R&B, show tunes).

I can remember being a little girl, probably middle school, and I would blast my parents stereo (when they weren’t home) and sing at the top of my lungs…not much has changed since then. I still love to sing my heart out. Although, in an effort to spare my neighbors, I save the concerts for the car.

So today, I’m sitting in my office, when I hear the melody to a song from Seussical (the musical). I didn’t realize that it was playing until I caught myself singing the chorus. As it turns out, our intern and I have something in common.

It was a small moment that made me smile. I’m not the only one who enjoys listening to cheesy show tunes.

Anyway, I guess what I’m trying to say is that I really love and appreciate music. One song can change my entire attitude and outlook on life.

So as we move forward with our busy week, I encourage you to take a few minutes, close your eyes, and listen to your favorite song.

It might make the difference between a good day and a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment