Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'm on the bandwagon!

I’m not going to pretend like I’m a huge sports fan.

This time last year I would have laughed had you asked me to watch the NBA finals. Occasionally, I will watch the Texas Rangers and I like college football but I’ve never been interested in basketball.

I went to my first Thunder game earlier this year. I had a blast but I was by no means a devoted fan. A couple of weeks following, I went to the game…and sat courtside. Did I mention they played the Lakers that night? It was epic. Let’s just say I had a new found respect for basketball and of course, the Thunder. Slowly but surely I’ve become more and more interested.

I’ve watched the last two playoff games…by myself…with no man or friend to pressure me into it. This is a pretty big deal for a girl like me.

I guess you could say I’m somewhat of a “bandwagon” fan. Although, I roll my eyes at people that get territorial about fans. I think we should embrace everyone who is willing to root for our team. No matter how educated they are with the sport. If you are someone who rants on Twitter or Facebook complaining about bandwagon fans, I really hope you find it in your heart to forgive me.

See, I’m a fan of our state. I am a fan of our community coming together to root for something good. I’m a fan of the publicity Oklahoma has received. I’m a fan of the good sportsmanship our team has displayed. So if that makes me a bandwagon fan… I guess I will wear that title proudly!

The games have been so exciting. I've never been more proud to be an Oklahoman.

Pardon my scarf obsession.

I even wore blue to work today!

I've got a feeling (woohoo) that tonights gonna be a good night!

ThunderUp!!!

5 comments:

  1. My boyfriend went to school with Kevin Durant so we are Thunder fans too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. um I'm a fan of that scarf! lol

    ReplyDelete