Friday, June 15, 2012

High Five for Friday

I may or may not be asleep as I type today’s post. This morning I woke to dark skies, achy muscles, and a chilly bedroom. Needless to say, it was a struggle to get out of bed.

(but what’s new?)

Today I’m linking up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk for #H54F. Friday, a day I cherish every week. The anticipation of having two days off will be enough to get me through this sleepy morning.

My top five:

1. On my Dallas trip I bought two scarfs. I wore both of them this week. There’s nothing like a new accessory to liven up an old outfit!




2. Thanks to Rachel, I was introduced to an artist on Etsy. I love the way her work seems timeless. I love how she portrays modern women with vintage glam. It’s how I aspire to look. I really want to buy several prints and create a gallery wall.



3. Bath and Body Works is having their semiannual sale! I got several wallflowers for my office and this candle for my bedroom.



4. Yesterday we had a Thunder potluck at work. It was a lot of fun…Although, due to recent events, we’ve decided that the potluck was actually bad luck and have agreed to forgo future pre-game celebrations.


Fear the Beard!

5. It's finally here, tomorrow is my first 5K!  Last night I jogged a little over two miles…without stopping. I’ve never been athletic and I’ve never pushed myself physically. I realize that jogging 3.1 miles might be a little out of reach for me but I’ve never pushed myself this hard and I am very proud. It’s a small victory!

I hope you have a wonderful day today and an even better weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! Love the scarfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those scarfs!!

    Good luck on your 5K! I've been thinking about doing one myself!

    ReplyDelete