Sunday, June 10, 2012

Fifty years

Yes, I'm still alive.

Last week was extremely busy at work (lately every week has been extremely busy). I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but...after a long day at work, the last thing I want to do is come home and get on the computer. Normally, I find blogging to be a wonderful release but lately I've been consumed with other things.

Like this lady for instance.



Yes, I had lunch (at the Annie Oakley Society) with Reba last week. Did you know that her sister can sing? Even more, she's just as talented! I wonder what its like being Reba's sister? I'm sure it has it's ups and downs.

Also, my grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last weekend! Can you believe it! Fifty years! With the same person? Every day? My Mimi was only 17 when they married! Oh my, how times have changed.



We had a HUGE party at the lake. All their friends and family came out to celebrate.




It was so much fun! All of the cousins together running around...everyone seemed so happy. I wish we saw more of each other. They are all so precious.


The food was deslish! Especially the dessert, my aunt Cheryl did a great job with their cake.



Of course, we couldn't leave without taking a family portrait.

My grandparents and their boys.
From left: Uncle David, Mimi, Pappy, (my) Dad, and Uncle Vinson

Our family!
A lot has happened in the last fifty years...
The grandkids!
They seemed so happy
 I'm so proud to be an Orr. They have created such a beautiful family and have been wonderful grandparents to me and my cousins. I'm so blessed to have them.

Oh yeah, this is what I wore!

J Crew necklace and maxi
Back to work tomorrow!

Have a lovely Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Cute outfit girl!! You look great! And so do your grandparents! Congrats to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, they are so precious.

      Delete