Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend and a note to my daddy.

Father’s Day weekend was absolutely wonderful. It started out with the completion of my first 5K (which we will discuss in another post). Following the 5K I headed to my old stomping grounds, Tulsa.

I spent most of Saturday looking for some shoes to wear to a wedding. I was unsuccessful. If anyone knows of a stellar pair of heels that would go great with a LBD please let me know! I’m looking for something with a pop of color… (Not red, I’m thinking bright!)

Saturday evening we took it easy, I was exhausted from the run.

Sunday morning was spent watching the food network while sipping on a cup of coffee.

We lounged around the pool for most of the day.



Ate a delicious pralines and cream ice cream cake.



My brother and sister snuck in a nap before the Thunder game.



We decided to do a little bet.



Of course, my Dad won. He is the luckiest person I know! He’s won several vacations (including a trip to San Antonio and a week on a house boat), he’s won tickets to multiple concerts (including Christina Aguilera), and he even NAMED the Tulsa Talons (arena football team) by winning a contest! No Joke…my Dad came up the name "Tulsa Talons."

Back to our Father’s Day wager…each person put in $2, my dad ended up winning $12.

I baked the Pioneer Woman’s blackberry cobbler for a halftime dessert.



It was scrumptious.

There were no leftovers.

Sadly, the Thunder lost but we had a great time watching the game together.

Also, I found this picture of me and my Dad..I think it's pretty cute.



Dad,
You’ve always been so important in my life. I’m so lucky to have a father like you. You were so involved in my childhood, which is rare for a single Dad. You always put us first and went out of your way to shower us with love. I miss our morning breakfast before school. I miss our late nights watching Frasier. I miss our shopping trips to Grapevine. I’m very grateful for everything you’ve done for us. You are so wonderful and I couldn’t imagine life without you. I love you so so much. Happy Father’s Day!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment