Monday, May 21, 2012

Swimwear Nightmare

Last weekend was spent trying on swimsuits.


I know, I know, it was terrible.

I have a couple of functions coming up involving a pool or a lake, so I decided I should find something presentable to wear.

I was encouraged by Rachel’s post about swim glam. I left for my shopping adventure convinced that I would find a suit that would make me look like the epitome of 60’s glam. I was so very ambitious.

Of course, I failed. That’s the thing about swimsuits…they aren’t (by my standards) “presentable.”

Also, they were extremely picked over! Why is it that swim season hasn't "officially" began and the stores are already sold out!?

The failed attempt left me feeling insecure and ashamed of every lump and bump on my fanny.

Is this what I have to look forward to for the rest of my life? The dreaded swimsuit?

I have a bathing suit that I bought at GAP four years ago. It is solid black and fits like a dream. Sadly, it’s starting to look a little ratty. I’m not sure it’s going to make it through another summer. It’s my equivalent to the “LBD.” If it works, you work it hard! (What movie is that line from?)

So my search continues…I’ve decided that I should just invest in an awesome cover-up and lay gracefully next to the pool. Or I guess I could always buy a swimsuit and back out of rooms, never exposing my rear-end!

Why couldn’t I have gotten the super skinny genes like my sister?

Earlier when I mentioned Rachel’s post about swim glam, I didn’t tell you what I loved most about it; she said that “nobody else at the pool or beach cares about your problem areas because each one of them is thinking about their own problem areas.”

This is so true ladies!

Now if you will excuse me, I think I’ll head over to eBay in search for the miracle that is the 2008 GAP swimsuit.

I hope you all are having a wonderful Monday!


7 comments:

  1. Hang in there - swimsuit shopping can be brutal! You're so lovely, though - I'm sure you look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel!:-) I'm going to give it another try this weekend!

      Delete
  2. I hate swimsuit shopping, I dread it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and you both!! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Swimsuit shopping is the WORST! Worse than jeans shopping. I love retro suits too! I got mine from Shabby Apple and modcloth.com sells some. And esther-williams.com has the BEST retro suits. I got my favorite from there! A little pricey but 100% worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no price on a swimsuit that makes you feel great!! If I can find one that I love-- I will pay any price!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Brittney-- you look great in a swimsuit. You always have had all the curves in all the right places,,, EVEN AS A LITTLE GIRL. (I know, shouty capitals..lol). I look like someone just took a hammer to my thighs!!

    ReplyDelete