Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mom,



My pretty Momma and her big hair.

There was a time in my life when I thought I didn’t need you. I thought I was a grown up, I could face the world on my own.  We fought all the time. I didn’t have any control of my sharp tongue. Secretly, I tried to follow all the rules and constantly sought your approval. But High School was stressful for us both. I don’t know how we survived.

Yes, yes I have always had that attitude.

As I look back on that trying time in our relationship, I realize how foolish I was. If there is one thing I have learned in my 23 years of being your daughter, it’s that your love is unconditional.
Kisses!


You loved me through my terrible twos.

You loved me when I spilt a gallon of milk all over the kitchen (and didn’t tell you about it until after the gas company found the soured mop).

You loved me when I said those hateful things in high school. Remember the time I told you to shut up?

You loved me when I refused to clean my room.
You loved me when I hid my clean cloths under the bed because I was too lazy to put them away.
You loved me when I fought with my siblings.
Oh our Christmas cards...


You loved me every time I wreaked the car.

You never missed a show.

You always told me I was the prettiest girl on stage, and I think you believed it.
Remember glamour shots?

You are my biggest fan and I would be lost without your support.

Now that I am an adult, I realize that there will NEVER be a time when I don’t need you around. You really are my best friend.
My 16th birthday cruise.


Although I have better control of my tongue, I still seek your approval.

Your accomplishments, not only as a mother, but as a career woman, have inspired everything that I am.

I love the woman I have become and I have you to thank.
Nothings better than my Momma's hugs.

Thank you for always believing in me and never giving up on me.


Today is bitter sweet. I know you miss your Mom, I miss Grammy too.
My Mom and my Grammy.


Just know that I love you unconditionally and nothing will ever change that.
Pool time! (That's my Poppa's arm, he was cropped out!)


Happy Mother’s Day Mom!


Remember this day?
I love you!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment