Monday, May 7, 2012

Is this real life?

Have you seen this YouTube video? If not watch it. It reflects how I feel today.

To say that I am tired is an understatement. I have been on-the-go since Wednesday. My weekend began Saturday at 4:30-ish and consisted of *Sunday* in which I ran errands in the City.

Today, on this cloudy Monday, I feel like a zombie. I’m not sure if anything I’m saying (out loud/ to other people/ or to you) makes sense. Also, I’m pretty sure there isn’t enough concealer in Oklahoma to cover the bags under my eyes. The last time I felt this way was after completing an all-nighter at Relay for Life in college. Which is a little confusing considering that I have not been sleep deprived, I’ve just been busy.

Sadly, I’ve been a little MIA at my usual hangouts (Blogger dashboard, Twitter feed, Facebook, Yahoo). So I have no idea what’s been going on in your life or the rest of the world for that matter. I’ve tried posting tid bits in my spare time, read: Saturday night.

Like this photo of my evening drive in my Mom’s convertible.



Also, I might have tweeted something about the moon, it was beautiful. Apparently, it was a “supermoon?”

Other than that I’ve been in the dark.

Of course, I listened to murder by the book on my drive home Sunday. As I listened to my favorite crime show, I realized that maybe life before television wasn’t so terrible. That maybe, gathering around a radio and listening to someone tell a story is something that I would have enjoyed.

What I would give to travel back in time. To see the fashion. To eat the preservative free food. To pay a dime (or was it a nickle?) for a coke. To a time where family dinners occurred every day.

I think I could fit in there.

But today, its back to reality. My reality. Which includes work, this blog, my friends, book club, grocery shopping, cooking, weight watchers, exercising, dating (read: going somewhere where I might meet someone so I can go on a date), baby showers, weddings, getting dressed (yes, I consider that a task) and of course my beloved  DVR. The life of a modern woman living in rural Oklahoma.

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. That video is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen. I know EXACTLY how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It never gets old! I hate days like that!

      Delete
  2. When I was little and it would be rainy out my Mom would put on mystery drama tapes for myself and my siblings to listen too. It was really fun to imagine the story in your own head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember listening to the Polar Express with my grandma. I loved it! I wish we had more time to do things like that again!

      Delete
  3. "on this cloudy Monday, I feel like a zombie. I’m not sure if anything I’m saying (out loud/ to other people/ or to you) makes sense." This is approximately how I feel every morning at work. Hang in there!! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks girl! You too!! Tomorrow is a new day!

      Delete