Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I saw a snake then swallowed a bug.


The fact that I am still here to tell you about the experience (mentioned above) is a real miracle.

Before I give you the dirty details, let’s rewind…

Did you have a lovely weekend? Mine was wonderful!

I spent Friday night with my friend Alyssa, celebrating her bachelorette. We had a great time reminiscing about our college days. Also, remember the panties I mentioned last week? I ended up buying some fabric pens at Wal-Mart, along with a pair of good ole granny panties. I decided to write the lyrics to Eli Young Band’s “Oklahoma Girl.” We used to sing this song at the top of our lungs in college (we even met the band). It is especially fitting considering that she is marrying a "Texas boy."



Palm trees and sunshine because she is having a beach wedding.


Saturday, I went to the Chickasaw Cultural Center for their eagle exhibit. I took this picture of a baby bald eagle. It was so neat getting to be so close to them. If you are from Oklahoma, you should really try to make it out to the CCC. It is just breathtakingly beautiful this time of year.



Following the eagle exhibit, I went to visit my precious niece Ava. It is so hard to believe that she is going to be a year old in September. Her mother and I spent most of the afternoon discussing themes for Ava’s first birthday party. When Autumn and I get together we become expert party planners. We were both recruitment directors in Sorority; we would spend months planning out recruitment and other social events. Since college, we have focused our energy on baby showers.

Terrible, terrible iPone picture...but who could resist that precious face!


Sunday was spent doing miscellaneous things around my apartment.

Monday my brother moved to town. Watch out Ada! The Orr children have been reunited! After moving my brother’s things into his new home, we had dinner and I decided that we should go for a walk.

We were just about to walk up a few stairs when I saw movement around my feet. I look down and there is a SNAKE slithering on the ground a few inches in front of me. I gasp and that’s when it happened: I swallowed a bug. To say that I was mortified would be an understatement. I was in such a state of shock. My poor brother had no idea what had just happened. My immediate thoughts were about the snake. I ran behind my brother, unable to speak, my hands covering my mouth, my eyes in tears and you want to know what he does? He throws his hands in the air and moves away from me as if I’m the snake! Once I gain my composure, I explained what happened. He dies laughing. He didn’t see the snake, had no idea that I had just swallowed a bug. He said it looked like I was about to throw up all over him. (The truth is, I’m sure I looked like I was about to be sick, heck I’m SHOCKED I didn’t get sick).

Anyway it was probably one of the worst experiences of my life.

I’m still a little shaken up over the whole thing. My second snake encounter this month. What am I going to do?

Hope you are all recovered from your three day weekend!

Have a great Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I've swallowed a bug before, it's so sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your brother moving to town! ANd I think the granny panties turned out really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! you chose the granny panties! sorry i missed you guys this weekend maybe next time :)

    ReplyDelete