Friday, May 11, 2012

High Five for Friday!

It's the Friday before Mother's Day weekend. I'm sure some of you are running around desperately trying to find a gift for your sweet Momma...but not me! I am so excited for Mother's Day! My family has a lot of plans this weekend and I cant wait!

Linking up with Lauren for her (very famous, and ever growing) High Five for Friday link party!

One. I got my first pair of glasses this week! Read about my experience picking them out here.



Two. I was lucky enough to be in town for my Brother's fraternity formal. He looked so handsome!



Three. I love my Ada Book Club girls. We get together every month to drink wine discuss our book. This month we had Pizza, wine, and crafts! We made adorable bookmarks! (yes we have a *awesome* logo, one of the girls is a graphic designer)! Shout out to my RDR girls!



Four. If you didn't know, I have an amazing job! I get to spend a lot of time at the Chickasaw Cultural Center. I took this photo the other day. It is just gorgeous this time of year.


Five. I received the most heartfelt comment from one of my readers. She commented on this post I wrote about missing my late grandmother. It really deserves to be at the top of this list. It touched me and I thought I would share it with you (I hope she doesn't mind...)

Kari wrote:

Brittney, I'm new to blogging and I've been "stalking" fellow bloggers lately trying to get motivated to keep up my blog. Anyways, when I find a blog I like, I like to go back and read some of their previous posts. I just want you to know that you've made me feel very much more "normal" with all of your stories! From moving to a new town, to having homesick crying by myself nights, etc. But most of all, this post. My grandmother passed away on Christmas Day of this past year. She always made the BEST chocolate cream pie. After she passed away, I looked FOREVER to find the recipe in her box of recipes only to find out that she never used a recipe...she just had it all memorized. I wish that I could go back and get all of her delicious recipes that she never had written down. Thanks for sharing your story too!

Kari you totally made my day! Thank you!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Aww such a sweet comment! and love your new book mark :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the glasses! are you going to get contacts too? if not you may want to get a pair of prescription sunglasses for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know...I'm a little scared of putting them in my eyes. I am going to see how I like the glasses and then visit contacts! I do need some sunnies! Good idea!

      Delete