Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Has it really been a year?



That's me!

As the rest of the world is celebrating Graduations ( whether it be head start, middle school, high school, college, grad school)… I can’t help but reminisce about my own graduation.

My high school graduation was very emotional. I felt as though my senior year was filled with lasts. Last dance, last football game, last pep rally, last concert, the last musical. It was so hard to say goodbye to my friends, and eventually my family as I went off to college, never realizing how permanent those goodbyes will become.

My college graduation was much easier. It was filled with a sense of accomplishment and celebration. I was so excited about my future, already landing a job. I was ready to conquer the world (or at least south central Oklahoma).



As I look back at the past year, I can’t help but smile.

I have a wonderful job and probably the best boss ever, I’ve made some amazing friends, and I’ve gained a plethora of knowledge and experience in my field.

Also, how bout this blog? I started blogging just weeks after graduation (actually I started blogging on my first day of work) and it has become my safe haven.

It has transformed from a little hobby into a therapeutic outlet for my creativity (all while bettering my writing skills).

This blog has given me something to focus my attention to other than work, which is important for someone who went from being a busy college student/sorority girl to a career woman/hermit.

So with that being said, I look forward to the future. I sense some major changes headed my way and I couldn’t be more excited about it!

Details about those changes are coming soon!

(I’ve got to finalize a few things first hehe)

5 comments:

  1. Your grad cap rocked! I agree...I felt much more sentimental about my high school graduation. I graduated from college one year ago, too, and it was definitely more of a transitional feeling than a "saying goodbye to my childhood" feeling. It's great that your first year out was a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally agree with the "saying bye to your childhood" It was just like that! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Loveyour grad pictures and your cap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So are you happy about these changes coming up? I am so proud of you. You remind me so much of myself my first year out of college. Your Mom and Dad used to come see on weekends me during that time so that I would not be lonely and homesick. It is such a transition! (It was BB&K before Brittney and Katy). I love your blog!! I feel like I have shared the year with you!

    ReplyDelete