Friday, April 13, 2012

That just happened.

If you have been keeping up with me on twitter (@orrbrittney) you probably already know that I’ve been in Tulsa this week for the PRSA conference. I had a wonderful time and learned a lot of valuable information.


See, I planned a fabulous post where I was going to share all my new found knowledge about communications/PR…but unfortunately, I’m pooped.

I’m just plain sick and tired of listening to people talk about PR and social networking. (I love it, I really do, but after 3 days it tends to get a little boring).

If it’s okay with you, I think I’ll save that for another day and just leave you with this story about how I’ve managed to make a fool out of myself once again.

This is what happened:

I was at the lunch keynote, listening to a long presentation that included flow charts and graphs, when I decided my lips could use a little color. I bent down and began digging through my purse (sitting on the floor next to me) when I got this weird sensation like someones watching me. I look up and see my coworker with a horrified expression on her face. It was at that moment that I realized the purse I'm digging through doesn’t belong to me.

Actually, the purse belongs to (you guessed it) the lady giving me the death stare.
She then proceeds to ask: “Can I help you with something? What is it you’re looking for?”

Awkwardly, I reply: “My lip gloss”

She said “Well, I don’t think you’ll find it in there!”

Thankfully, she laughed it off.

I, oh the other hand, am beyond mortified. I could drop dead right now! Rummaging through another woman’s purse? How did that happen? Her purse is white…mine is DARK BROWN?

I don’t think I’ll be able to face her on Monday…is anyone hiring?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is hilarious but I bet you could die, I know I would be feeling that way! I'm sure you'll be able to laugh it off on Monday, no biggie :) Can't WAIT to hear your PR knowledge, that's what I'm in school for and I think it's awesome that you're in the field! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! That is hilarious!! That sounds exactly like something I would do. You are not alone in epic awkward moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for the Liebster Award. If you haven't ever been nominated, go to my page for more details! If you have already recieved it, then oops! :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny. I'm so glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete