Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Fling: My closet makeover!

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for Monday. I've been anticipating this link party (as it's my first time to host) and I look forward to seeing how many people participate, finding out who will win the amazing prizes, and of course, I can't wait to meet new bloggers!

If you get a chance, please go check out my co-hostesses! You don't have to follow anyone, but I promise you will want to!








So with that being said, let's discuss spring.

Spring is a wonderful transition into lighter clothing, outdoor activities, diets, and for me, organization.

Today I want to share my closet makeover.

I graduated from college a year or so ago (last May) and my taste in clothing has totally changed. I used to love wearing jean skirts with graphic tee's, hair bows, anything found at Forever 21. When I entered the business world, my wardrobe evolved into suits, cardigans, pumps and slacks. Instead of browsing Forever 21 and American Eagle, I now shop at LOFT and Banana Republic.

I would say that over half the items in my closet are unwearable.

Lately I've been anxious about my crowded closet so I decided it was time to do a little spring cleaning.

Saturday I had a garage sale with 3 other ladies.


It was extremely fogy so I apologize for the pictures.

Some of my favorite "throwback" items in the sale:

Polaroid camera, tube TV, Rugrats binder.

It felt so good getting rid of my old cloths.

Sunday I spent the day conquering my closet. I've been collecting black velvet hangers and I finally have enough to replace all my terrible plastic hangers!



This is what my closet used to look like:



The obvious problem: I had too many shoes and not enough storage.

Here is  what my closet looks like now:



Grownup clothing, Storage for shoes and socks, pretty thin hangers and of course, room for more cloths!


I feel so much better!

I cant wait to see what you have on your mind this spring!

Don't forget to link up and enter the giveaway!

Happy Monday!





a Rafflecopter giveaway








5 comments:

  1. Job well done! Huge inspiration. I WILL do this soon. :) I'm your new GFC follower. I found your blog through the Link Up. Congrats on you first Hosting!!!! I've yet to do so. Hoping to do so in the near future. Thanks for hosting. Happy Monday.

    Ashlie
    http://goldenandlovely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. your closet looks great! mine definetely needs a clean out ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you, little organizer you! Now come fix mine:) O btw those sunglasses you asked about are from Urban Outfitters! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wire hangers make all the difference!!
    And i'm loving your closet! Mine is a hot mess currently!

    ReplyDelete