Friday, April 27, 2012

Awkward and Awesome...Friday?

I know my A&A post is coming a day late. I have been so busy with work that I haven't had a moment to spare! Also, I am frustrated with all the URL problems I have been having. I finally diagnosed the problem (with the help from someone on the google forum) and I think I am very close to having it resolved! If I cant make it work by Monday, I will revert back to www.brittneysorrdinarylife.blogspot.com

In lieu of the usual High Five for Friday post, I thought you might enjoy this...

Awkward

-I get nervous when leaving a voicemail. I tend to ramble on and by the time I hang up I have no idea what I said. Also, I have the habit of leaving my phone number. (As if they don't already have it on their missed call list.)

-The girl in the park taking photos of herself with her iPhone. Let's be honest, we all do it. But I'm not brave enough to do it in public!

-At the OKC Arts Festival, I walked up to a booth selling roasted pecans. On the table they had a bowl filled with mixed nuts. As I was putting a pecan in my hand, a lady walked up to me and said: "I'm sorry we aren't handing out samples!" She was nice enough to let me eat the one in my hand.

-I went to the eye doctor this week. I've been dreading it for a while and was really nervous when I arrived. When the doctor asked me to read the row of letters, I couldn't. He probably changed out the letters 4 or 5 times before I could read them. Big surprise, I need glasses.

The awkward part: I refused to let them dilate my eyes. I just didn't like the idea of putting drops in my eyes. For the rest of the appointment the doctor made snide remarks about how I'm scared of eye drops.

Awesome:
-The way ketchup and mustard tastes mixed together on top of meatloaf.

-The roasted pecans I bought at the art festival (I felt obligated).

-My friend Susan made a wonderful pound cake for our luncheon at work. I'm still dreaming about it.

I just realized all of those have to do with food. Should I be concerned?

-The way the breeze feels against my skin while riding around in my mother's convertible.

-Today is Friday.

1 comment:

  1. I think your google forum someone thing might have worked! I struggled earlier to get to your posts and it only worked 50% of the time. But I just now tried again and it went straight to each post from by blogger dashboard!

    Hopefully your URL woes are behind you!

    ReplyDelete