Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Run Brittney, Run!

Well I've made a decision. This June I will be running in a 5K. If you follow me on twitter, you already know this. Now that I have publicly declared this as a goal, I expect all of you to hold me accountable!

You see, I am really nervous about running a 5K. I have never ever been a runner (unless you count running across the Wal-Mart parking lot to my car in the rain) so this will be a real challenge for me.

I’ve been casually talking about doing a 5K this summer but my decision became serious yesterday when I received an email from my co-worker, Brooke, about a charity run in honor of her cousin Riley. Riley is a little girl with Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorder, a condition that makes her allergic to most foods: nuts, eggs, milk, beef, wheat, rice, pork, green beans, fish, cheese, oats, and many more. Riley relies on a special formula fed through a feeding tube to receive her all her nutritional needs.


Photo Source

For more information about the race, Riley, and Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorder, I encourage you to visit her website and facebook page.

I already have a couple of my bloggy friends comitted to running. Allison and Melissa I cant wait!

If you live in the OKC area (or within driving distance) we would love to see you at the run!!

Please help me spread the word!

**Also, 5 days until the Spring Fling Link Party!! 7 bloggers, one party! Huge exposure for your blog and there will be an AMAZING giveaway!  I can't wait to see what y'all come up with! Don't forget it is anything spring!

For more information about the link up click here.  I hope to see you Monday April 2nd!


Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting about this I have never heard about that disorder before. Also I am sooo pumped for the link up and kind of nervous for some odd reason. It should be fun though!

    ReplyDelete