Thursday, March 15, 2012

My hair will never be the same.

Can I just say I have the best family EVER?

Today I went home for lunch, I decided I needed a little power nap to get me through the day (After all, it was my first day back at work from being sick).

As I’m lying on the couch I hear this loud pounding on my door. My first thought: Oh no! There’s a psycho killer at my door! (I think this every time someone knocks at the door…It’s because I live alone, I have a crippling fear of bad guys and robbers).

Well I was wrong; it was the FedEX guy delivering me a package. My mother mentioned that she sent me a surprise in the mail (she can’t keep things like that a secret, bless her heart, she just gets too excited. However, she didn’t tell me what she sent). I’ve spent the past day trying to figure out what it could be.

“Maybe it’s a gift card to Wal-Mart, maybe it’s a care package filled with groceries since I complained in this post about not having any, maybe it’s a new book, maybe it’s a puppy! Maybe it’s my Kosmo!”

It was 10X better than all of those things (well nothings better than my Kosmo)…I feel like you need to sit down before I tell you what she sent me.

Okay are you ready?

She sent me a GHD 1" professional flat iron! Gasp! (The one Kate from The Small Things Blog uses, the one I’ve been saving up for, the hair straightener that laughs at the thought of a CHI). It came with a chorus of angels that sang as I opened the box!



So now you know why I have the best Mom ever…

But let me take this opportunity to brag on my baby sister, she’s 16.

A month ago, when my CHI died, my sister did something completely selfless (especially for someone her age). She gave me (well she let me borrow) her straightener. I’ve been using hers for the past month while I’ve been trying to save for my new one. I am so lucky that I have such a good baby sis who understands how terrible and out of control my hair can be if it isn’t maintained.

So thank you Mikayla, you will be reunited with your flat iron soon!


And to my Momma, Oh I love you so much! I am so excited about your “little” surprise! You have no idea how happy it has made me!

Now if you will excuse me, I’m going to go curl my hair!

***I forgot to mention that it took a small army to make this happen! Thank you Lisa for helping my Mom find this beauty, thank you Becky for driving to Lisa's shop and delivering it to my Mom so she could get it in the mail ASAP, and while I'm at it I'd like to thank the Academy FedEX for getting it to me in 24 hours! Way to go!

12 comments:

  1. AHH jealous! Can't wait to hear your review!! And glad you are feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm feeling a ton better...and my hair? well it never looked better! haha

      Delete
  2. You will love it! I have had mine for years now and it is fantastic! My roommates used to borrow it from me all the time because it works so well!

    Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats good to know! I hope I have mine for years!

      Delete
  3. You are just so dang cute.. make my day every day!! Yay, Andrea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a ghd too. best straighter ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I know I've only used mine once, but I totally agree!

      Delete
  5. You are going to LOVE that hair straightner!!! It was lightyears better than my Chi. Kate actually used to do my hair when we were in college, and I got a GHD from her it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! I'm jealous you know Kate! Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  6. That is so exciting! And how sweet of your sister to loan you hers while you didn't have one.
    Happy straightening!

    ~em at small girl, big world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know she is the best. I would have been lost without her! Happy friday!

      Delete