Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hope in a Jar

Last Friday, on my H54F post, I mentioned that I ordered Philosophy’s Hope in a Jar. I’ve been looking for a new moisturizer and stumbled upon several reviews saying this stuff was the best!

I ordered it from Brichbox using the $20 I earned through my Birchbox points. (If you aren’t earning points, you are doing yourself a huge injustice! I’ve earned my points by referring friends and giving feedback on the products in my box. If you want a Birchbox click here! Every 100 points earns you $10 to their shop! Pretty cool!) Also, occasionally Birchbox will send me coupons. I received a 20% off coupon just days before placing my order.

Hope in a Jar is listed for $39 plus shipping. After my coupon and $20 credit, I ended up paying $16 (Including shipping). Score!!

Anyway, it came in last week. I love the way Birchbox packages their products. It’s always so cute (I’m a sucker for all things pink).




I've read several reviews saying this product smells bad. I don’t think it smells “bad” but it does have somewhat of a chemical smell. When applied to my skin I can feel a little tingling sensation. Also, it burns if you get it in your eyes. I haven’t noticed a change in my skin but it has only been four days.

This weekend I bought the sample size of Philosophy’s Purity, the recommended cleanser to use with Hope. (Oh yeah, Hope in a jar also comes in a sample size).

source

I LOVE this cleanser. It left my skin feeling so soft and has a great smell. The sample sizes can be found at Ulta and Sephora.

(Before using Hope in a Jar, I used Clinique’s moisture surge, it is still my favorite, talk about silky smooth skin! This stuff is GOOD! I decided to make the switch because of the reviews and the money I earned through Birchbox. The moisture surge is pricey but worth every penny!)

Source

I’m hoping I love these products as much as the Clinique. But...if I don’t like it, it’s no big deal! I’m only out $16 bucks!

Have you earned any Birchbox money? How did you spend it?

3 comments:

  1. i use both Purity and Hope in a Jar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another great option is boscia products. they're new back moisturizer is a little pricey but SO amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled across your blog and I LOVE Hope in a Jar! Good choice! I am also now a part of the Birchbox family! I haven't received my first package yet but I signed up a couple weeks ago! It sounds so great and I can't wait to see what's in store!

    ReplyDelete