Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Single Girl’s Valentine’s Day

It's here!! It's here!! Find some love fest!! (super huge link party that I am so excited about!)









Here it is ladies:

A Single Girl's Valentine's Day

I know I’ve mentioned over and over again that I’m single, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise to you that Valentine’s Day hasn’t always been my favorite holiday.

Before you hit the red X on the top right hand corner of your screen, let me say this is NOT an “I hate Valentine’s Day” post, nor is it a “poor poor pitiful me” post.

There’s no hiding the fact that if you’re single on Valentine’s Day, there’s a small sting that pokes at you every time you see heart shaped boxes, mushy couples on romantic dates and gorgeous men carrying a bouquet of red roses.

It’s the same small sting you get when you see yet another one of your friends is engaged. The same sting you feel when you spot a super hot guy who is the spitting image of prince charming… only to find out he has a girlfriend. The same sting you feel when all your friends have babies and seem to have this “mom bond” that you can’t be a part of.

But when I sit down and really think about it, I’ve probably only had a “Valentine” 3 out of the 23 years I’ve been alive. So why do I spend so much time dreading February 14th? I always survive with my ego intact. This year won’t be any different…Well except for one small detail.

I am going to enjoy Valentine’s Day… Celebrating…wait for it...being single!

That’s right! I enjoy being single, I like having time to myself, I like being able to spend my money however I want without asking my husband, I like flirting with gorgeous men, I like being able to go anywhere (Dallas, Ardmore, Edmond) without worrying about someone else and I like being independent…

That doesn’t mean I don’t want to settle down with a family one day, but let’s face it, I’m 23…I will only be this young ONCE!

I would rather spend the next 10 Valentine Days alone, if it means spending the next 50 with my soul mate.

The number one reason I’m single (and don’t date very often) is that I don’t want to waste my time with someone that I know I couldn’t be with long term. I’m not looking for a husband but I’m not going to stay with someone who doesn’t make me happy just so I can have a +2, or a Valentine, or a New Year’s kiss at midnight.

So with that being said, lets (and by “lets” I mean all you single gals out there) do something for ourselves this Valentine’s Day!

Let's make plans:

The weekend before Valentine’s Day I’m going to Tulsa! My sister and I will be fixing my jewelry box disaster I wrote about here. Also, we will be seeing The Vow.

Let's get pampered:

I will be getting a mani/pedi and cashing in a gift card for a facial. Who needs a man to rub our feet when a professional can do it?


Source
Let's wear something fabulous:

Source
Source

or something casual:

This sweater is from Old Navy y'all! OLD NAVY!
  Source
Source


Let's eat something sinful!

Source
Source

Fried pickles? yes, I think I will.
source
 And of course, let's buy ourselves some of these:
Yes, I think this might just be the best Valentine’s Day yet!

16 comments:

  1. It's refreshing to read about someone who is keeping their standards high and not settling for just anyone. Good for you! Oh, and that black dress and those donuts? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so true! No one should settle! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This post had me cracking up! Love your positive attitude girl! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping over from the "find some love" link up!
    I just linked up too :)

    My favorite part of this entire post is: "I would rather spend the next 10 Valentine Days alone, if it means spending the next 50 with my soul mate."
    That's perfect. And so true!!
    It's hard for ppl to remember too, that Valentine's Day doesn't have to be about spending time with your significant other! It can be a holiday to show how much you care about the other ppl in your life!

    Following now, because you are too adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are too sweet! Thanks for stopping by and leaving this comment! and your are so right about Valentine's being about showing all the important people in your life a little love!

      Delete
  4. Great Post!!! Love the attitude! And those treats look to die for!! Yum! I'm getting hungry looking at all these recipes and treats!! Thanks for linking up with us at the Find Some Love Fest!!

    All The Love In The Universe
    Digger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I Loved the link party! 5 blogs, 1 party is a great idea! Y'all should do it again!!

      Delete
  5. Cute cute cute! Love your blog! Found you via the link up. Consider me your newest follower!

    xoxo - kylie
    www.livinglovingandphotographing.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celebrate your fabulousness! :-) Enjoy your 20's!! We had so much fun with the Find Some Love Fest! So happy to connect with other amazing bloggers.
    We are following you and we'd love for you to visit our blog.
    Have a great day!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
    http://www.herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's right Brittney!! You DO NOT need a man . You DO NOT have to "kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince either." You don't need anyone to complete you, you are awesomeness all by yourself. After all you are P1... Hurrah for you attitude. Celebrate this time in your life!!! It only passes by once!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found you through the love fest and I absolutely adore your blog!! This is so true. I love that you are empowering all of us single women amongst all the bloggers with husbands and babies to celebrate with. My girls and I are going to see The Vow too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Us single girls have to stick together!! Happy Valentine's Day!!

      Delete