Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Single Girls Valentine's Day

Remember when I told you about my plan for the perfect “Single Girl’s Valentine’s Day?”


Well it was the best idea I’ve ever had!

I got pampered!



  
Saturday my sister and I went to the spa to get a facial. It was her first spa experience; I think she really enjoyed it.

I wore something fabulous!

(Sorry no picture...my bad).

My sweats. Yes, I wore sweat pants with a grey thermal and a black zip up hoodie with my hair piled high on my head. It was amazing. I was so comfortable. I didn’t have to squeeze into tight jeans, or freeze in a little dress.

I ate something sinful!




Following our facial we went with Courtney and Emily to Oliveto, an Italian restaurant in Tulsa.

  • Appetizer: Pepperoni Bread
  • Entree: ravioli stuffed with four cheeses and served with both Marinara and Alfredo sauce side by side. Yum! 
  • Dessert: Deep dish cookie with milk shots. Delicious.

After dinner, we went to see The Vow.


It was soo good! While we were waiting for the movie to start I did something so typical, so embarrassing. I was tasked with the job of saving seats while Court and Em went to fetch some concessions. I always get stressed out when I have to save seats. I feel like at any moment a stranger (who’s definitely a ticking time bomb) will walk up demanding that I relinquish my seats. I hate it. So I sat there waiting, watching every person that entered the theater. Two ladies start heading down my row (totally eyeballing my seats) my blood pressure starts rising. I brace myself for the inevitable conflict that is about to occur, mustered up the nicest voice I could manage and shout “these seats are taken!” At this point the entire theater is watching, waiting for the smack down that is about to take place, when I hear “yeah! For us! I’m your sister!” It was Courtney and Emily. Sigh. The entire balcony at Starworld 20 erupts with laughter. Reason #5365 why I need glasses.

Today, Valentine’s Day, I am going to lunch with my friend Melissa and eating a BIG basket of chocolate covered fruit I had delivered to myself.

I hope all you single ladies enjoyed this artificial holiday as much as I did!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds exactly like something I would do! I'm so excited I am going with my girls to see The Vow tonight. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you liked the Vow! I loved it!! :-) thanks girl!

      Delete
  2. I am jealous right now. What a great idea. Next year I may try to remember this and maybe even take a midweek day off to execute. There's nothing like a little self love to keep life in perspective. I gave you a shout out and back linked to this post tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for mentioning me in your blog! I don't think you should wait for next year! Go ahead and do it soon! hehe

      Delete