Friday, February 10, 2012

High Five For Friday!


Its Friday! You know what that means! Link up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk!

Photobucket

Here’s my top 5:

1. Oklahoma Blogger’s night out last night was such a blast! I had no idea there were so many fabulous Bloggers in Oklahoma! Full BNO post coming soon!


2. Waking up with my favorite cuddle bug this morning. It's good to be home.





3. My new favorite TV show Smash! Love the music! Love that it’s about Broadwy! Love Deborah Messing! I think it might be better than Glee…but don’t tell anyone I said that!





4. In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, I hung this wreath. It’s not meant for Valentine’s but I thought the pink roses fit the occasion.


Pier1 spring 2011



5. One of my favorite Weight Watchers recipes, burrito in a bowl. Only 5 points per serving! (4 servings)





Ingredients

  • 2 cup(s) Chicken, broth, reduced sodium
  • 16 oz Beans, refried, fat free, canned
  • 16 oz Vegetables, mixed, frozen, unprepared
  • 2 Tbsp Las Palmas Diced green chiles, mild variety, or other brand
  • 2 clove(s) Garlic, fresh, minced
  • 1 Tbsp Chili powder
  • 1 medium Tortilla, flour, fat free, 6-inch, cut into thin strips (about 1⁄2 cup)
  • 6 Tbsp Cheese, Cheddar, shredded, low-fat
  • 6 Tbsp Cream, sour, fat free
  • 3 Tbsp Cilantro, raw, fresh, chopped
Instructions:

  • Bring the broth and beans to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the mixed vegetables, chiles, garlic, and chili powder; return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the flavors are blended and the vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes.

  • Divide the soup evenly among 4 bowls. Top each bowl with about 2 tablespoons tortilla strips, 1 1⁄2 tablespoons each of cheese and sour cream, then a sprinkling of chopped cilantro. Enjoy!

Happy Friday!!


2 comments:

  1. Ooh I wanted to check out SMASH- now i def will! And your burrito in a bowl looks so tasty! hope you have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on Smash! It's great! Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete