Monday, February 13, 2012

Bloggers Night Out Recap

Last time we spoke I mentioned a little blogger party I attended…I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to get back with you about the details! I have been recuperating from a terrible cold and spent most of the weekend laying around watching Whitney Huston coverage on T.V.


Thursday night was fabulous!

I was a little nervous at first, not knowing what to expect. How many people will be there? How experienced are they? What will they be wearing? What if I have a coughing fit? What if I start sneezing and can’t stop? Thankfully I left with my dignity intact, I didn’t cough or sneeze on anyone.

The first thing I did was make a strawberry mojito (they had a bartender giving lessons). Yum it was so delish! With a drink in hand, I faced my fears and began to mingle.



First I met Allison, Sarah and Melissa. It felt so weird meeting some of them because I read their blogs every day. I would find myself quoting stories from their blogs and then feeling insecure because I didn’t want to seem creepy or “blog stalker.” But in all reality, I am always flattered when people quote my blog or mention their favorite posts. It was a new and awkward environment but I really enjoyed it.

Bad bad hair. red nose. Not my best look.
From left, Sarah, Allison, me and Melissa.

These women are just like me. They love to talk, they love to dress up and they love great stories. I spent most of the night laughing hysterically.

My favorite moment of the night was meeting Rita. It was Rita’s creative writing and witty stories that inspired me to start blogging. I was so pleased to see that she is every bit as adorable in person that she appears to be in her blog. I did manage to get a picture with her but sadly it never made it to my email so you will have to take my word for it! She was an absolute delight! If you get a chance check out her blog: Me and My Shortloffs and read this post, and this post.

I also met the fabulous Rachel from the Pencil Shavings Studio. She got my award for best dressed! Check out this post to see what she was wearing!

The event took place at The Makeup Bar. We enjoyed complementary food, drinks, makeovers and waxing! (Yes I finally waxed my eyebrows. They were out of control. (For those of you who don’t know the significance of this, I had them waxed and they were completely butchered, I’ve been coloring them in for months) they look amazing)

Blogging has opened a whole new world to me. I’ve met so many inspiring women. I’ve grown as a writer and it’s given me a wonderful hobby and outlet for my creativity. I’ve enjoyed it more than I could’ve ever imagined!

Thank you to everyone that was involved in making that night so spectacular! I can’t wait for the next BNO!

No comments:

Post a Comment