Thursday, February 2, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday


Linking up with The Day Book for Awkward and Awesome Thursday!


Awkward

-Not wearing the right bra to the gym. I don’t think I have to elaborate. Let’s just say, it won’t happen again.

- I made another driving error while two coworkers were in the car. We have a four way stop (referred to as crazy corner, it’s actually like a “twelve way stop”…I despise it). I went when it wasn’t my turn and an old lady shook her finger at me. My coworkers laughed the whole way back, causing me to be nervous, causing me to almost run a red light, causing whiplash.

-Running into acquaintances at Wal-Mart and hiding from them.

-Trying to talk on the phone at Wal-Mart. I got there at 5 and didn’t actually put anything into my buggy until 6. I was talking to my best friend; my sanity depends on those phone dates and requires my full attention.

-It’s mid afternoon, realizing your shirt’s on inside out. It happens at least once a week. Yes I am completely incompetent at 6 am. I could fix that problem while folding the laundry but it would require an extra step, and that would require more of my attention, which would distract me from The Bachelor or Dance Moms or Modern Family and we can’t have that. So I guess I will continue to repeat the cycle of wearing my clothing inside out.

Awesome


-It stormed this week. There was thunder and lightning and beautiful clouds.


-Phone dates. I have a reoccurring phone date with my Mom every Wednesday while she drives home from Tulsa. We talk for 101.6 miles.

-Oklahoma Bloggers Night Out. Click here for more info!

-All the love I got from find some love fest.

-I ordered the pottery barn bedding I wrote about here. It shipped today. Pictures coming soon.

-The fact that I don’t have to wear a coat to the gym. I can walk outside, in February, wearing a t-shirt and not be cold.

-My extremely loud neighbor has been out of town. I forgot how great it is to sleep for more than 4 hours at a time.

6 comments:

  1. Awesomely awkward! My neighbors are nuts. They just leave their kids home alone, 'nough said. That picture looks amazing. Yay for storms and spring like weather in Feb!

    Melissa from Grin and Barrett Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! This weather is unreal! Love it!

      Delete
  2. Love phone dates with my BB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I love this!! I do things like that all the time it feels like. glad to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, that car ride is still funny! But I would ride with you any time. I never once felt as though my life was in danger.

    ReplyDelete