Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sweet 16

I am so bad at keeping secrets.


This weekend was my sisters 16 birthday and we threw her a surprise party. Oh boy did I struggle to keep it hush hush!

She thought she was going on a romantic date with her boyfriend, little did she know, we were all waiting for her at Pinkitzle.

Of course, being the clumsy/nervous person that I am, I accidentally let it slip…MORE THAN ONCE. We were shopping for her outfit to wear on her “date” and I kept asking “Do you think this would be cute for your party?” (I said it three times!) she finally asked me why I kept saying party and I responded with “Did I say party? …I mean date!!” I felt sick the entire week leading up to her party.

The day of her party was a whirl wind. We went shopping, we did hair and makeup (the entire time I’m on egg shells, focusing on every word that came out of my mouth). Once she left we had 30 minutes to get dressed and in the car.

We arrived at the party 15 minutes before she did. I was a wreck. I did the only thing I know how to do when I’m stressed. I bossed people around.

I told her friend to text Mark (Mikaylas boyfriend) and find out how far they are and to make sure he will let us know when they arrive.

I made sure no one stood in the doorway (I didn’t want the birthday girl to see her friends before we scream surprise!)

I gathered up all the purses in the doorway and moved them to a hidden area.

I kept my brother away from the chocolate covered strawberries.

It was complete chaos (well not really it just seemed that way because I was nervous. I wanted everything to be perfect. I wanted her to be surprised, I wanted everyone to scream surprise, I wanted to get it on video...I was a mess.)

Five minutes before Mikayla is supposed to arrive, her friends realized that they parked their car by the front door where she could see it. They decided to move it and of course Mikayla arrived while they were gone, there were only 5 or 6 friends present to yell surprise.

I got it on video…take a look. (oh yeah, try to figure out what’s missing)

 
That's right. No sound! Ahhhhhh! (Imagine me pulling my hair out!) Why can't anything go like it's supposed to? I think one of her friends got it with sound but I still haven't been able to get a hold of it.
 
Here are the pics from her party:
 


My Knight and Shining Armor

Goofing around before Mikayla arrived
Table settings



All her friends :-)
We had such a great time, she was so surprised!
 
Prayers for her tomorrow as she takes her test!
 
Happy Birthday Mikayla!  I love you!!

4 comments:

  1. What a fab surprise party!!! Your sister is one lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! She was so happy!

      Delete
  2. What a cute party! I love the table settings :) I'm a new follower! Have a happy Monday! xo

    ReplyDelete