Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Redeeming Love, my thoughts...and my cast list!

A couple weeks ago, when I participated in High Five for Friday, I mentioned that I was reading Redeeming Love.




Well I finished it last weekend! I couldn’t put it down… I stayed up until 3 am reading!! I’ve had a love hate relationship with this book. At times I wanted to call my friend Susan and ring her neck for recommending it! Other times, I caught myself grinning from ear to ear. It was the most heart wrenching love tale I’ve read in a long time.

It was written by a Christian Author, Francine Rivers. It is inspired by the book of Hosea from the Bible. It takes place in the 1850’s in California. It’s about a young girl, Sarah, who was rejected by her father and (after the death of her mother) sold to prostitution at the age of 8 (again I wanted to KILL Susan! I was cursing her name!). Sarah, Known as Angel, had a terrible childhood; she grew into a bitter young woman dealing with the constant fear of hurt and betrayal.

Michael Hosea, a farmer (a Godly man, maybe even a prophet), fell in love with Angel the minute he laid eyes on her. Following God’s orders, he marries Angel and promises to love her till the day he dies. (At the time of their wedding she is badly hurt and had no choice but to marry him).

The bulk of the book is about his dedication to her and determination to break through her walls. He treats her like no man ever has. With the help of the Altman family, he tries to show her that there is good in the world…and that’s all I’m going to tell you!

For those of you who haven’t read this, stop what you are doing and get this book. It is awesome. And that’s all I’m going to say…okay not really, get the book!

I can’t get this book out of my mind! I want to find a Man like Michael Hosea, someone who loves with all his heart, who isn’t afraid to be tender and vulnerable, who trusts in God and lives his life to please him.

So I did what any normal girl would do who is obsessed with a book and can’t watch the movie (because there isn’t one. Can someone please do something about that?)…With the help of my friend Susan, I cast the book! If anyone wants to make a movie please feel free to use this as a reference!

Michael Hosea: Gerard Butler



Angel: Rachel McAdams


Mae, Angel’s mother: Nicole Kidman


 
Alex Stafford, Angel’s father: Rufus Sewell



Duke(Villan): Robert Downey Jr.


 
Paul (Michael’s friend who is such a jerk!): James McAvoy



Miriam Altman (Angel’s best friend): Emmy Rossum



Elizabeth Altman (Miriam’s mother and Angels “mother figure”): Emily Watson



Ruth Altman (Miriam’s sister who adores Angel): Maggie Elizabeth Jones



What do you think? Do you agree? Do you have other people in mind? Please let me know! I’m not convinced my casting choices are the best…



26 comments:

  1. I am totally downloading this book to my Kindle asap;)) And you casted it?? How creative is that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I am currently reading this book (and have read it before) and loooove it. What good choices for a movie.. thats pretty much how I imagined the characters with the exception of duke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone keeps telling me that about Duke!! I don't know who would be better! Lol

      Delete
  3. It thrills my soul to know that I have two team members who are so creative and thoughtful during thier OFF HOURS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you did say something about creative writing lol

      Delete
  4. I have seen this book recommended over and over so I guess I will have to breakdown and read it. ;0

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like one book i would enjouy :)

    and i would go see that movie in a heartbeat, that "cast" is awesome!

    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should give it a try! I had a lot of coming up with the cast! It also made for a fun book club activity!

      Happy Friday to you!

      Delete
  6. I loved this book! It's amazing. I don't know that I'd put Rachel McAdams as Angel, but maybe I just pictured her differently. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was hard to cast! thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I have this on my list to read. Love your review and love how you cast the book. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You shoul read if, it's such a romantic book.

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness- my friend actually recommended this book, but at first glance it didn't look that interesting! You make it sound awesome- definitely putting on my to-read list! (Also, I haven't read the book, but I would totally see a movie with that cast!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! I think you should give it a try, it was a struggle at first but it picks up! Let me know if you ever gt around to reading it!

      Delete
  9. I FINALLY put this book on my to-read list after much debate with myself, but I decided I MUST read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl you need to read it! It's so good!

      Delete
  10. I've read a few peoples' ideas of who should be cast in the movie version of this book. I have to admit this is the most accurate casting list I've seen by anybody. I agree, and agree, and agree agree agree agree! (Especially Gerard Butler for Michael... MANLY MAN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! This has been my favorite book to cast! I'm such a nerd!

      Delete
  11. I found your blog today while I was looking for a picture of the book to put on MY blog! I just finished the book today! A-MAZING. I found myself reading chapter after chapter (which is totally unlike me). It's now my favorite novel. Oh and each person in your cast fits each character so well! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has been my most favorite book for over a decade now and ever since I first read it, me and my friends have tried to think of actors to play the parts for a movie. The problem is that all of the actors we think are perfect are way too old to do it since Michael Hosea is about 26 and Angel is 18-21 from my understanding.

    I really like your choices! Rachel Mcadams has been the only actress I could ever see playing Angel! She's undeniably gorgeous and so very talented in acting! Again, she's 34... but she could look young I suppose. I always have picture Dylan Mcdermott as Michael, but, as much as I can't believe it, he is 50 now!! I think Charlize Theron would be an amazing choice for Angel's mother! She's gorgeous and talented! I pictured George Clooney as Duke... Gorgeous and older but good enough to act sleazy! I thought of Paul Walker for Paul. I like Emmy Rossum for Miriam. Elizabeth Reaser for Elizabeth Altman. And just to make things fun... Jennifer Coolidge as The Duchess would be awesome! She's hilarious and good at being sleazy too!

    Glad to know someone else is as big of a nerd as I am and tries to cast their favorite books! Now all we need to do is pray for them to get the movie made!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is hysterical! Your casting choices are about identical to mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I'm on Chapter 32...almost finished + will most likely finish tonight!!! :)

      Delete
  14. I'm on chapter 18 right now (so I haven't met the Altmans yet, so I can't judge from those), Nichole Kidman is a great choice for Angel's mom! I would have never thought of that...I think of Angel looking more like Amber Heard for some reason. Also, I really don't know why but I keep seeing Michael Hosea as Richard Armitage! But you've got a really good list, I really hope they make a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Couldn't put this book down when I started reading it. Heart wrenching story. So beautiful. But my Michael Hosea was definitely Hugh Jackman! Brittney, it would be great if you could print this photo!
    http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p663/NatalieandJake/MichaelHosea7_zpsc4a9a35c.jpeg

    ReplyDelete