Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Weekend Review

Friday I went to see “We Bought a Zoo” with Matt Damon (I didn’t go with Matt Damon. Although that would have been awe-some!). Oh yeah, Scarlett Johansson’s in it too...




Here’s a short summary of the plot:

The movie is based on a true story about widowed father trying to raise two children. He has a teenage son who is struggling in school and a daughter that is absolutely adorable. The father buys a rundown zoo in hopes of making a fresh start. With the help of a small and somewhat eccentric staff, he and his children work together to get the zoo re-opened.

My thoughts:

I thought it was incredibly charming. I would categorize this movie as a “feel good movie.” It does get a little sad in some places but there’s an element of comedy (cute and witty little girl). It’s a great movie for the whole family! But just so you know, there were a few curse words: Shit, Dick (yuck!! I don’t even like to type that word! I just thought it was necessary for you parents to know before taking your children). Also, if your kids still believe in the Easter bunny, DON’T take them! I didn’t have any expectations going into the movie but I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the film!

Yesterday I went to visit my Niece, Ava. She wasn’t feeling very well…poor thing!



She sure does love cuddling up to her momma!

It was so good to be around Jake and Autumn! I miss them so much. We spent time gossiping, eating, dreaming about homemade doughnuts (they have a doughnut maker and was short one ingredient! Whew! I almost blew my diet y’all!), making Ava smile and watching Disney movies (can you believe my little Ava likes to watch T.V.? She would smile at the T.V. it was the cutest thing!) .

All in all, I had a pretty good weekend!

I hope you did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment