Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Calling all (women, sorry boys) Bloggers!


New/experienced…young/old…professional/personal…mommies/not mommies…students too!

No matter the topic, you need to know about an event coming up!

BlogHer 12 blogging conference! (Btw I wasn’t asked or paid to mention this…I’m just excited about it so I thought I’d share.)

BlogHer '12

Because I’m new to the blogging community, there’s so much I don’t know. I’ve been searching for a conference or workshop to attend and came across this one. Originally, I was hoping to find something locally (or at least within driving distance) but when I saw the location for the BlogHer 12 conference, my heart skipped a beat.

Are you ready for this…Pack your bags girls! We’re going to the Big Apple! That’s right! New.York.City!



If you've never been to New York, let me just tell you, you are missing out! It is so amazing! You have to go!


This conference has something for everyone, which is rare because most of the conferences I found are for professional bloggers, mommy bloggers, techies, food blogs and fashion blogs, pretty much everything BUT personal/lifestyle bloggers.

They have an early bird special, discounted registration fees (nearly cuts the cost in half) that closes February 28th. They have student rates, company rates, sponsor options…check it out!

Besides learning great tools and improving your bog, it is a fabulous networking opportunity! They will host a cocktail party each night where you will be able to meet and mingle with other bloggers.
I am totally going to this conference! I will also be attending several Broadway shows, shopping on fifth ave. and eating myself sick at fabulous restaurants!

If you are interested in attending and would like to coordinate travel/hotel/entertainment (because let’s face it, I’m a big weenie and am a little nervous about traveling and experiencing NYC alone.)

Hit me up:

brittneysorrdinarylife(at)gmail(dot)com

In other news, Awkward and Awesome Thursday link party is coming tomorrow!

Last week I did a little “test run” on this post topic. I got the idea from another blogger and really enjoyed it! After receiving some positive feedback, I have decided to do my very first link party!
Please link up tomorrow and share your most awkward/awesome moments of the week! I can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to!

Your to do list:


  • Write your Awkward/Awesome Thursday post!

“See ya” tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I'M GOING!! So is Melissa from Pineapple Lily, another Oklahoman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how happy that makes me! Have you booked your travel/hotel yet? We should coordinate!

      Delete
  2. I'm going too. :) I booked the hotel but not the flight. I haven't decided if I will go a day early. I've only been to NYC once.

    ReplyDelete