Thursday, January 26, 2012

Awkward and Awesome!

Last Thursday I wrote a post called Awkward and Awesome. I wrote about the awkward and awesome moments that happened throughout the week. It was a lot of fun! I decided it would make for a pretty entertaining link party!

I love linking up with all of you creative writers! I can’t wait to see what y’all come up with!

Here are my most awkward and awesome moments from the week:

Awkward

-Yawning at inappropriate times. I was in a meeting a couple of days ago and I couldn’t stop! I know I was offending every person in the room. I couldn’t help it!

-As I’m walking out of Wal-Mart (wearing my favorite pair of heels, a pencil skirt and a cute blouse), strutting my stuff like I own the place (wearing a great pair of heels is the best confidence booster ever), I accidentally kicked off my shoe! I had to hobble across the parking lot and bend over in my skirt to put it back on (balancing on one leg). Awkward.

-I was driving with a coworker across town, chatting about the day, I didn't even see the curb. It jumped out of nowhere!! When my car hit the curb we came upon a really slick puddle! We hydroplaned… she held on for dear life…she’s never getting in the car with me again.

-The curly cord attached to my office phone. It gets in the way when I try to hang up. I left a voicemail yesterday and when I went to hang up, the cord got in the way. After dropping the phone (which made a loud banging sound I’m sure) I hung up. I’m such a mess.

Awesome

-My town has a self serve frozen yogurt place! (you have no idea how awesome this is for our town! This place just got 10X better!)



-I found a little solution to my inability to have great photos (no sadly it’s not a new camera...). I joined Instagram (see above photo). So much fun and now I’m going to have better pics on here!

-I finally broke down and scheduled an appointment with the eye doctor. Maybe I will get some cute glasses like these:



-The rain. It’s so soothing and sounds amazing against my window. I slept so good last night.

-My bestie (and college roommate), Alyssa, is ENGAGED. I can’t believe she is getting married! I finally have an excuse to look at wedding stuff on Pinterest! Yay!


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Instagram & fro yo! We could be best friends :) haha. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I am obsessed with Fro Yo! you have a great day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your awkwardness absolutely cracks me up!! Love the shoe story! I can totally invision the whole scene. I don't know who the coworker was, but the thought of being in your car when that happened is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete