Thursday, January 19, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday!

Surprise! Surprise! I’ve been inspired by another blogger, Sydney from the Day Book blog (who has the most beautiful clothing and pictures. I would die to trade closets with her…) She does a weekly post called “Awkward and Awesome Thursdays.” I’ve been considering doing it on my blog but haven’t pulled the trigger because I hate being a copy cat.


Well after the week I’ve had, I’m pulling the trigger! *Note*this may or may not become a weekly post..I haven't decided.

Here is my Awkward and Awesome Thursday:

Awkward:

-The moment I let my anger get the best of me (at 1:30 am)  I beat down my neighbors door (the one I wrote about here) and chewed her out for being too loud, told her I had to be up at 6 and asked her to keep it down. She agreed to keep it down (after telling me she can hear me too!) Of course, our little talk had the opposite effect, she got louder.

-Using a public bathroom and making eye contact with a stranger through the cracks of the stall! Really…give me some privacy please!

-Having to increase the font size from 12 to 16 so I can see what I’m typing because I'm too scared of the eye doctor (they put stuff in your eyes! Ew.) to do anything about it.

-Spending an entire evening working on my first vlog (video blog), posting the finished product at 10:30, then (because I’m shy) deciding the next morning (at 7) to delete it. Only to regret deleting it later that day after receiving some positive feedback from my Mom (who’s opinion shouldn’t count BECAUSE SHE’S MY MOM and has to like what I do!)

-A few months ago when I got my eyebrows butchered at the salon inside Wal-Mart (which I should have known better to use). I have been coloring them in and now they are growing back, to the point of being out of control…I’m too scared to get them waxed again. What to do what to do?

-Saying “I love YouTube” after watching a funny video and my boss thinking I told her “I love you too…” Which is less awkward, telling your boss you were watching YouTube or telling her you love her?

-Accidentally hitting my coworkers butt when I was reaching for something next to her…She backed into my hand! Please don’t accuse me of sexual harassment!

Awesome:

-My friend Brooke who is going to help me look for a place to rent (see awkward #1)
-The mini heater under my desk that works wonders for my feet!

-My workout partners Kyle and Nicole, that guilt me into going to the gym everyday

-Me and my Mom’s shared love for Dance Moms. We watched the all day marathon from separate cities… texted the entire time and talked on the phone during the commercials…yes we are the same person.

-The fact that I’m no longer a teenager and I don’t have to hear “Because I am the Mom and you are the child!” Sorry Mikayla! I know how you feel! It took me all of high school and most of college to figure out that you’re better off just doing what she says. (If momma’s not happy, no one’s happy!)

I wish this was a link party! Wouldn’t it be fun?

7 comments:

  1. Your neighbor sounds awful!!! I think this should also be a weekly post :) and a link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! I will look into doing a link party! I've never done one!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe your boss needed a little love that day. And maybe your co-worker needed a pat on the butt. You never know. I'm just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this post. I love awkward/awesome. you should get your eyebrows threaded. it is quick, relatively painless, and done by professionals!

    Melissa from Grin and Barrett Blog
    www.grinandbarrettblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I might just do that! Thanks!

      Delete