Monday, December 12, 2011

My not-so baby sister

Last weekend went way too fast!

Can you believe it’s less than two weeks until Christmas!! Yikes!

Saturday was my little sister’s winter formal. This was a VERY important milestone! It was her first “car date.” I am in complete denial that she is growing up. Whatever happened to the little girl that carried around her My Little Pony and danced to Shania Twain?

Anyway, our day was jammed packed with beauty. We barley had enough time for make up!

I think I did a pretty good job “dolling her up”


She looked gorgeous!


(I don’t think I’ve ever been that skinny...Not fair. Jealous. I totally got gypped.)

Back to Mikalya.

Look at her super cute date…who drove her to the dance…and had her home by midnight…and offered to take the long route so he wouldn’t have to drive on the turnpike…who shook my hand and introduced himself to me like I’m some kind of an adult or something.


And her friends…


The next day her date came over to hangout. Mom and I were such great hostesses! One of us went upstairs every 20 minutes to see if they need anything.

Do you need a drink?

Is it hot up here?

Are you staying for dinner?

When they got sick of us they decided to go to the park.

Alone.

I did a “drive by.”

I’ve decided that I’m not letting my daughters (well my future daughters) get any older than six. At that age they don’t have an attitude, they still believe in Santa, and they LOVE LOVE LOVE their momma!

Now if you will excuse me, I need to call my baby sister. She is probably mad at me for sharing the intimate details of her life with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment