Thursday, December 29, 2011

Farewell to the "most wonderful time of the year"

Well Christmas is officially over.


I always hate the week after Christmas.

It takes me that long to morn. I morn for my beautiful tree that goes back to storage. I morn for the Christmas music that I would still be listening to if it were socially acceptable. I morn for my family that I won’t see again until the next year. I morn for the sinful food (ah hem *rolls*) that my mother makes once a year.

And I worry…

I worry about my New Years plans (because inevitably I am always single and all my friends have dates). I worry about the weight I gained since Thanksgiving. I worry about where to put all my new shiny things in my teeny tiny apartment.

And I dread...I dread January and February because they are the coldest and dreariest months of the year.

Does anyone else experience this?

I wish I lived in Whoville! (It's Christmas everyday there!)

But Christmas was so so so good to me this year!

The Orr family Christmas was so much fun.

We ate and ate and ate! Oh boy! Did we eat! I didn't know it was possible to consume that much (or cook that much)!

We had: queso, chili, grilled bacon wrapped chicken-jalapeno-cream cheese bites, shrimp, ham, sausage balls, guacamole, cheese logs, rolls, spinach dip, clam dip, spicy chex mix, peanut butter bites, rum cake, strawberry cake, chocolate covered Oreo balls, white chocolate covered popcorn (yes homemade), roasted pecans (again, homemade), sugar cookies…I’m sure I left some things out but you get the picture.

I’m totally skipping Weight Watchers tonight.

I took some pictures with my phone:



We all got Vera Bradley!

Mikayla showing off her camera


Mimi and Pappy!

It's Santa! (aka Dad)



Caden is such a ham!


 
Playing spades!

Brandon hates to lose! hehe! see him pout?




No comments:

Post a Comment