Thursday, November 17, 2011

Southeastern Proud!

About a month ago a former professor approached me about speaking to his principles of PR class. I was asked to speak about the transition from college to career.

Can you believe it? ME talking about MY CAREER?? wow. It’s weird to put myself in the “career woman” category.

Anyway, it wasn’t just any professor. Dr. McCraw pushed me outside my comfort zone, gave me hours upon hours of reading assignments and writing assignments. His teaching style is so intimidating. I remember thinking that I would never be able to live up to his expectations.

He taught me so much about the field of Public Relations. I owe so much of what I have accomplished and my confidence as a PR professional to him.

So imagine the since of pride I felt going back to my Alma Mater (this week) to speak to his class. It was so surreal.

I remember taking the principles of PR class. I remember being so scared. It is amazing how far I have come since those days.

It was such a huge honor for me.

I am so thankful for the time I spent at Southeastern and the people I met along the way.

It was great going back! I really miss that place!


P.S. Sigmas: I loved our lunch! Our sisterhood really does last forever! SLAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment