Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Homemade Coasters!

Remember my secret housewarming gift for my friend?

Well I finally gave it to her! I am so excited about this DIY project!

I saw this on another blog (I know I’m a copy cat) and decided I would give it a try.

DIY coasters:

First I went to Home Depot and got white square wall tiles. Next, I took a trip to a local scrapbooking store to pick out my pretty paper. I decided to go with a Halloween theme.

Step one:

Design your coasters. Trace the square tile onto the paper and cut it out. I decided to personalize them by adding names and cutouts.


Step two:

Use Mod Podge glue (you can find it at hobby lobby) to glue the paper to the tile. I used a sponge brush to paint the glue on the top and bottom of the paper. Let it dry!



Step three:

To make them durable, spray paint the coasters with a clear top coat. I got this can at hobby lobby.


Step four:

Cut out little squares using felt (again, I found some at hobby lobby). Hot glue them to the back of your coaster. This will protect your furniture from the tile’s scratchy surface.


They made a great (and personal) housewarming gift for my friend!


I made myself some too : )

No comments:

Post a Comment