Thursday, August 25, 2011

WWLC

Weight Watchers Lunch Club. 

A couple ladies in my offices and I began a lunch club.  This week is our first week.

I’m pretty excited about it!

There are four members.  Each day one of us cooks a “weight watchers” meal. 
Today was my day.  I made tomato-basil chicken with an oriental salad.  It was delish (if I do say so myself)!!

However, getting it all put together was a little challenging. 

Theoretically, we choose meals that are easy to make and can be re-heated (because we don’t have a full kitchen).  I decided to make the chicken on my George Foreman grill at the office.

Rewind to Last night:

I went to a friend’s birthday dinner (an hour’s drive) and I didn’t get home until way past my bed time.  So of course I thought: “I will get up early, thaw and marinate the chicken, cook the salad toppings, and make the dressing.”  I was ambitious. 

So due to the fact that I stayed up late, I was VERY sleepy this morning and hit my snooze FOUR times!!  I forgot all about my domestic duties!  By the time I remembered, I was walking out the door!

My chicken was still frozen people! 

I spent my entire drive to work trying to come up with an excuse or a plan to avoid being kicked out of WWLC.  If you know me, you understand how important it is that I always “have it all together.” 

Actually, I always spend lots of time planning and making lists.  I can’t believe that I didn’t think ahead and get the dish ready before the party! 

Anyway, I snuck out of the office (drove like a mad woman) and went home.  I speed thawed the chicken and whipped up that salad and toppers.  I was back at work in 30 minutes.  No one even realized that I forgot! 

I felt like Rachel Ray…except my 30 minute meal included driving time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment