Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy 29th Birthday Mom!!

Today is a very special day.
It’s my Mommy’s birthday!
As I get older, I noticed that holidays seem less and less magical.  Now don’t get me wrong, I had an AWESOME birthday.  However, it’s not the same as when I was a child. 
Birthdays used to be so exciting.  All the preparation of the themed parties, inviting your friends, it was something to look forward to.   Now, I have a few more years of enjoyable birthdays and then they will stop.  It will be like I am permanently on repeat.  It’s the 29th birthday for most women.  Although, I think 30 is the new 20 so I’m not so sure I will push the hold button on the 29th.  I have a while to think about it.
I’m pondering all of this because, like I mentioned earlier, today is my Mom’s birthday.  I always love my birthday.  Every year she makes me feel like a princess.  I get to have all my favorite foods, listen to her tell the story of my birth, I get awesome presents, and I'm reminded of how much she loves and cares for me.
I wish there was a way I could do the same for her.  I feel so bad that I can’t be there to celebrate today, I don’t even know my Moms favorite food, I can’t afford AWESOME presents, and I don’t know the story of the day she was born.  All I can do is let her know how much I LOVE and CARE for her. 
Mom,
You have been such an inspiration to me.  I would not be the person I am today without you.  You taught me how to be a smart, independent, woman.  I have set my goals in life by the standards you have shown me.   You have provided me with the education to meet those goals and given me guidance.  You have shown me that true love exists, and I won’t settle for less.  But most of all, you have shown me that I am loved endlessly.  I never have a problem I can’t discuss with you, I trust you will keep my secrets, and I know there is nothing I can do that will change that.   No matter how old I get I will ALWAYS need my Momma!

I love you so much!

Happy Birthday
-BB

No comments:

Post a Comment