Monday, August 1, 2011

Memories

Three years ago today we lost my Grammy.  The time has gone by so fast.  It seems like just yesterday I was at her house for Sunday lunch. 
Occasionally, I forget she is gone and I think about calling her (to gossip, ask for a recipe, or even just to share some good news).   
I used to spend a week at her house during the summer.  We would paint, cook, watch movies; she always had little projects for us to do.
One of my favorite memories is Christmas.  We used to stand around the piano as she played carols.  My family would sing, laugh, and relish in the Christmas spirit.  Grammy had the biggest Christmas tree filled with homemade ornaments.  Every year, she would make a new ornament for each of us.   She always decorated every inch of her house with Christmas trinkets.  Her house was so magical!

I love this picture of us.  She ALWAYS had on a pink robe.  We would put on our pajamas at like 4:00! 
I miss her so much every day.   

1 comment: