Thursday, August 18, 2011

Holisso

Sorry I have been MIA!

I have been spending all my free time reading.  I know I’m a nerd.

It’s been so long since I have read a book for personal enjoyment. 

In college, your life is consumed with reading journal articles, chapters, case studies, and so on.

You get to the point where you feel as though reading is a chore.  I quit reading novels (of any kind) and I would even skim through magazines, skipping over the articles!

The last semester of my senior year I stopped reading my text books!  I decided to “wing” it! …I still graduated with honors! : )

My little sister is an extreme reader; her life completely shuts down when she is captivated with a good book.  My mom has to practically FORCE her to eat and shower. 

Here is a picture of her book collection! 



She has read every single one of them!

So last week, a coworker recommended a good book series for me to read.  I wasn’t really excited about doing any reading but I gave it a chance. 

and guess what happened... 

I am acting just like my sister!   

Reading this book has taken place of updating my blog, watching TV, and I have to force myself to go to bed at night!  I am consumed with it!  It is a trilogy, in the last week I have read two of the three books.  I began the third tonight!  I’m sure by Monday I will have it finished. 

So because I have renewed my love for reading, I would love ANY good book recommendations. 

If you are an avid reader:  check out The Hunger Games!  But beware:  It will consume all of your spare time because you won’t be able to put it down!

For all of you that don’t like to read: don’t fret!  They are making a movie and it will be out in 2012! 

P.S. Holisso is "Chickasaw" for book!

No comments:

Post a Comment