Monday, August 22, 2011

false alarm!

As I had anticipated, I finished the third and final book of my series.   I read ALL DAY LONG Sunday.  It was amazing.  I didn’t fix my hair or put on makeup; I sat in my pajamas and relaxed.  It was so refreshing.  I did cry my eyes out at the end!   I have grown to love the characters as if they are real people!  It is crazy to think about how emotionally invested I became but it was a nice escape from reality. 
Sunday morning I woke up with a missed call from my dear friend Autumn.
 I know I have mentioned her before, but for those of you that forgot, Autumn is 37-38 weeks into her pregnancy.    She’s probably going to go into labor any day now. 
So when I woke up and noticed a missed call from Autumn (at 9:00 am!) I panicked!  I knew that normally, Autumn would be in church and wouldn’t be calling me on a Sunday morning.  Immediately, I call her back and she doesn’t answer!
 I send her this text message:

She doesn’t respond.
My heart starts racing, I get really excited, I’m trying to decide if I should skip out on my day of reading, throw on some makeup (because if the baby is here, Aunt BB needs to look her best for the millions of photos that will be taken of her with her precious niece) and head towards Ardmore!  
I immediately go to facebook and creep on Autumn’s page, nothing.  I go to her husband’s page, nothing.  I get on google and “google” 37 weeks pregnant!! 
(I was desperate y’all!)
 I find out that if Autumn does go into labor the doctors wouldn’t stop it! 
So about the time I start heading for my makeup bag, my phone starts ringing.  It’s my dear friend Autumn.
*sigh*
false alarm.  She just wanted to chat! 
I told her that this is probably going to happen every time she calls until Ava arrives! So next time LEAVE A MESSAGE!! Something like: “Brittney, this is Autumn.  Don’t freak out!  I just want to chat!”
And if you are on your way to the hospital: CALL ME UNTIL I ANSWER! DON’T GIVE UP!
(note to self: ALWAYS sleep with your phone so you won’t miss “the” call!) 
In the mean time, I had about a 2 hour convo with my bestie!   I know our phone date days are about to expire, so I treasured every minute of our girl talk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment