Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bitter Sweet

It’s that time of the year again, back to school.
For me, this time of the year (for the past 18 years) is spent buying school supplies, clothing, back packs, meeting new classmates.  I’m excitedly anticipating sorority recruitment, football games, back to school parties, and an abundance of social events that take place in the fall.
This year, I am excited about nothing.  It’s so boring being a grown up.  I’m jealous of all my friends that are moving back to our little college town, going to parties, meeting new boys, and preparing for their classes.
It’s going to take some getting used to.  
So I decided that I would find something to look forward to. 
I thought about Halloween, but I realized that I probably won’t be attending my usual Halloween functions (due to the fact that I am supposed to be grown up now).
How about football? I won’t be attending anymore games as a student, but I am a lot closer to Norman, Maybe I can tailgate?  (yeah right)
I guess the most excitement I will see this fall is Black Friday.
Wait!  I know!! I’m excited that I won’t have ANY papers, finals, and late night study groups, expensive text books, not to mention the hassle to find a parking place!
My heavy reading list will include: Cosmo, People, In Style, Weight Watchers, and my romance novels.
Yes, it’s going to be a great fall semester!
Welcome back students!

No comments:

Post a Comment