Friday, July 15, 2011

Oh Happy Day!!

Today is a very special day for two reasons. 

The first:  today is my baby Brothers 20th birthday!  He is probably the funniest person I know.  I could start an entirely new blog just about him.  EVERY time I am around him something crazy happens.  He is the complete opposite of me.  I am extremely organized, cautious, guarded, and somewhat of a scaredy cat!  Brandon is very goofy, care free, messy, lovable, and a little too brave.   People are constantly telling us how much we look alike so one year (my freshman year of college) we decided to start telling people we were twins.   He is such a joy to be around.  Happy Birthday Bubby!!


The second: This should be a no brainer people.  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 opened!  Last night I went to a double feature.  I saw part 1 and then after a 20 minute intermission, part 2.  IT. WAS. AWESOME!  No I didn’t dress up, although I considered going as Hagrid. 

Look at this lady! 


She has a TATOO that says “Mischief Managed.”  For those of you that don’t know, this is a Harry Potter term used when they are finished looking at the marauders map to make it disappear.  What was she thinking!  I consider myself to be an avid Harry Potter fan but this is taking it too far!

It’s bitter sweet.  I grew up with Harry Potter.  Honestly I am in denial that it’s over.  I keep holding on to the idea that J.K. Rowling will write a new book (SPOILER ALERT!!) about Harry’s Children, or maybe a prequel about his parents and their time at Hogwarts. 

This must be what the Oprah fans feel like.






No comments:

Post a Comment