Friday, July 22, 2011

Hello in there!!

For those of you that don’t know, my best friend (Autumn) is having a baby girl in LESS than two months! 

I am beside myself with excitement! 

Last night I went to visit her.  She just bought the crib and bedding so she needed my *expertise* in choosing paint colors.  We decided on a light lavender color.  It is going to be fab!   

The last time I was around a preggo woman was 15 ½ years ago (15 ½ Yrs ago today! Mikayla passed her permit test!)   when my baby sister was born.  I don’t remember feeling the baby kick or what my mom went through (I was only 7!) so this is all new to me.

Therefore, last night I was determined to feel baby Ava kick!  I think I reminded Autumn to let me know like 2 or 3 times.  I felt like a kid on a road trip asking: “are we there yet!” but it was more like: “is she kicking yet!”

We were sitting on the couch talking and Ava starts moving around!  So Autumn puts my hand on her belly and sure enough she gave me a big thump!  I was so giddy!!  It was the most amazing feeling. 

Also, did you know that you can SEE the baby MOVE!  It was somewhat creepy at first.  I had no idea that babies moved around so much and that it is so visible!  I asked Autumn if it hurt and she said “sometimes if she kicks my ribs or bladder” Yuck! That sounds horrible!

Anyway, I think little Ava might have a career as a Rockette (if she takes after her Aunt BB) or maybe a soccer star!  That girl can kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment