Wednesday, July 6, 2011

EHarmony.com

Last weekend was great!  I went to visit my Mom and sister.  We spent a lot of time shopping and doing girl things.  My stepdad treated us to a very nice dinner at Paseo Grill in honor of my graduation and new job.  This place is amazing!  I felt like a queen!   The next day was spent in the pool.  Somehow, I spent 4 hours in the pool without changing positions.  I was on one of those pool foam mats and my back got sunburned!  It is still tender today.

If you have been keeping up with my blogs, you would know that I had a total breakdown last week due to stress/clumsiness/lack of friends in the new hometown.  Every time I am in the middle of a crisis it seems as though my mother has some kind of weird motherly intuition to call me.  So for the past week or so I have only spoken to my mom during high stress situations.  I am telling you all this because she and my stepdad came to me with this brilliant idea on how to lift my spirits.

So I am sitting on the back patio at home and my mom says (out of nowhere!!) she is worried because I don’t seem happy in my new hometown and that I am having problems making friends.  She said that she and my stepdad agreed that I needed to take action and join EHarmony.  They also offered to PAY for it!  I started laughing and she began to tell me all these statistics about how half of Americans meet their significant other online. 

I am not discriminating against dating websites; however, I am TWENTY-TWO years old! I have PLENTY of time to meet someone the old-fashioned way!  So for the past few days I have been freaking out thinking: “they must have absolutely no faith that I can meet people on my own!  They think I am a loser because I’m not dating or WORSE they think I have socializing problems.” 

Yes I realize this is the SECOND time I have mentioned (on my blog)other people’s dilemma with my relationship status.

I moved a month ago!  Give me a break people!

Although, I did make an agreement with my mom that if I am still single when I am 25 I will join EHarmony and she can pay for it! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment