Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Drama!!

In order to address the topic of this blog I have to confess to you my guilty pleasure.

Promise you won’t judge me?

The Bachelorette.  Yes I know it’s scripted and they will break up in 2 months or so, but I can’t resist.  I love watching people fall in love, the drama of who got their heart broken, the fabulous dates, and of course the men!  oh the men!  Something about a handsome guy being sensitive and romantic sparks my interest.  Im just sayin'...

I’m a sucker for a fairy tale.  Which is exactly what this show is:  A romantic fairytale for adults. 

So imagine my distress when the show was interrupted by the President talking about the budget. I mean, who does he think he is? The President or something?

The show simply paused and when the President was done speaking, it resumed right where it had left off.  Naturally, no one told my DVR. So, I missed the last 20 minutes!

So, What is the topic of this incredibly interesting blog you ask? 

The President vs. Republicans.  Now don’t get your panties in a bunch, I am not going to push my political views on you or even try to explain the debt crisis (because let’s face it, I have no clue!)

I just want to point out an observation.

I was pleasantly surprised by the entertainment I found in watching the National Address.  Something about the rhetoric between the President and Speaker of the House was vaguely familiar.

And then it dawned on me!  They (yes both parties) are acting just like a bunch of sorority girls!  (Believe me I have plenty of experience in this area)  At my college we only had two sororities.  This made decision making very difficult.  It seemed like one sorority would decide on something simply because the other opposed it.  Girls, don't act like you dont know what I'm talking about!

One time (more like every year) we were at a standoff for an ENTIRE semester over recruitment.  If it weren’t for our Greek advisor, I don’t think we would have ever gotten anything accomplished. 

So I have a solution for you Mr. President:  Contact Southeaster’s Office of Student Life, ask for the Greek advisor.  She has A LOT of experience handling standoffs. 

For those of you who missed the President and Speaker of the House battle it out last night, it’s worth your while to YouTube it!

1 comment:

  1. omg brit this is so true and i agree he should just talk to our greek advisor lol

    ReplyDelete