Thursday, July 7, 2011

Busted!!

There is an Amish community about 30 miles from my town.  I used to drive through it all the time last fall when I was commuting.  They have a store where they sale a bunch of homemade goods. 
One day on my way home I noticed a sign that said “homemade ice cream.”   However, I am lactose intolerant.  Yes I know I shouldn’t be eating it (One time I even went to the emergency room because I ate too much ice cream!) but I LOVE homemade ice cream!  I will gladly suffer through the horrible cramps for a scoop of homemade ice cream.  So I pull a u-turn in the middle of the road to go back for some ice cream.  I figured It would probably be the BEST ice cream I have ever had because 1. It’s homemade, and 2. It’s homemade by the Amish!
So I stop to pick up my dessert and the man has to go to the back to get it.  He comes out with a Styrofoam cup filled with vanilla ice cream.  I get in my car and take a bite…  I knew instantly it wasn’t homemade and furthermore it tasted like Braums or bluebell!  So I threw it out.  If I am going to suffer all night long from the scoop of ice cream it had better be homemade!
Fast forward a YEAR later (yesterday).  I'm at Walmart and I notice a cute little Amish lady loading a bunch of BULK items into her vehicle.  I took a picture to prove that I was RIGHT!  They had two coolers loaded in the back of the car.  I am assuming the coolers are for the “homemade ice cream.”  Then, today, I see two Amish men walking out of BRAUMS! (I would have taken a picture but I didn't want to embarrass my friend). 

No comments:

Post a Comment