Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Lovin!


My body isn’t used to being a working woman.  I am not accustomed to going to bed early.  It seems like every night I lay in bed for at least 30 minutes just thinking.  This is what crossed my mind last night while waiting to get sleepy: 
Words cannot express how happy I am for summer.   The world seems more active and I feel so energized.  I wish I had more time in the day to enjoy it.  There is so much to do indoors and outdoors.  I am VERY excited about all of the “semi-annual “summer sales.  Bath and Body Works, Victoria’s secret, Ann Taylors, just to name a few.   Something about the big yellow and red signs that say 70% off make me feel like a little kid in a candy store! 
Another summer shopping experience I look forward to every year: the farmer’s market.  I am a sucker for home grown tomatoes.  Yesterday I went to my local farmers market.  It was a great experience.  I got a bunch of tomatoes, plums, red potatoes, and squash. Going to the farmers market reminds me of black Friday.  You have to be up before the sun in order to get the best selection.  You can’t arrive after 8:00 or so because you would have missed all of the tomatoes and other popular items.   I decided I would make it a Wednesday ritual. 
Finally, my eyes are getting heavy and I realize that at the start of every season I have a renewed attitude about my life.  Towards the end of summer I will become whiny about the heat.  Then in the fall, I will be elated with the changes in the weather and colors.  It’s the same story with winter and the first snow of the year.  Once spring rolls around, I will be tired of all that yucky snow (not to mention my severe anxiety about being single AGAIN on Valentine’s Day) and embrace the green and floral landscape of the season.  So take some time out of your busy day to celebrate summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment